Ideas Development Workshop
Duration: 1 day
Drawing on key examples, this is a highly practical session where you will build an idea into a multiplatform proposition, define the workflow, metadata, interactivity and return on investment, try out projects on other people, and build them collaboratively. It will blend the need for new audience experiences with the mechanisms for delivering them technologically, and always focus on audience engagement.
By the end of the session you’ll be able to start production, or know exactly why an idea won’t make it. And that may be the most valuable learning of all.
- Defining what you are saying – if there’s a brief, what does it mean?
- How will you deliver it?
- Who you are you talking to?
- How you want them to feel?
- What you want them to do?
- How will you get it in front of to a commissioner?
- 3 aspects of production : Barker, Launch and Maintenance
- Audience Need and audience knowledge
- Your distinctive approach : human and technological
- The competition for audience attention
- Search-engine optimisation, language and metadata drivers
- How does the work flow?
- What partners will you need?
- Where do you assign your energy?
- Visual style Social ammunition & the development of kudos
- Cross-platform reinforcers and the essence of collaboration
- Planning production, scheduling and interdependencies
- Upload design & technology
- Managing the growing community through behavioural economics
- Metadata standards and automation
- Emerging opportunities for community development
- The psychology of recommendation engines
- Creating an efficient story-generator for all platforms
- The point of change or exit
What experience you might have had beforehand?
Experience so far may be limited, but an overall desire to learn and benefit from this fast changing and exciting new genre is imperative.
What job this workshop might help you apply for?
From website design companies now producing films for clients, to producer’s seeking to get multi- platform ideas commissioned.
Who has attended this type of course?
Website designers and broadcast technicians seeking to use their skills in the multi-platform arena.
How do I book on the course?
Contact our Course Administrator email@example.com for more information about how to book and how to reserve your place.